August 24, 2004

Stupid Judges

I really like watching swimming in the Olympics, and not just because I used to swim … but also because it’s not all super subjective like Gymnastics. How ridiculous, I was watching the competition last night, and the crowd booed the judge’s marks for one athlete for 6 minutes straight it was pretty amazing to watch. But the worst part was that it was necessary at all, the judges should have scored him higher. I’m so annoyed by the highly subjective nature of the judging, and also the pretty clear bent toward certain countries, and against others. It’s just plain corrupt.


1 Comments:

At August 26, 2004 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was watching this too, and it was pretty outrageous. I couldn't believe how low this gymnastics great scored. I was seething. He deserved so much more. In addition, if medals were awarded based on the attitude of the competitor, as I've been pushing for all along ;), Mr. Val Kilmer would have won all 3 medals put together. Good job. He's still the winner in my book.

~Sydney

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home