August 05, 2005

But He's become my eyes to see ...

I was really struck today in the difference between theses two artists songs, one Green Day, one Alison Kraus. It's interesting how alike, but completely different they are. It seems one keeps looking for “someone out there” --- while the other --- has found the only person that can really, truly, walk with you.



I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
and I'm the only one and I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk alone

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone

I'm walking down the line
That divides me somewhere in my mind
On the border line
Of the edge and where I walk alone

Read between the lines
What's fucked up and everything's alright
Check my vital signs
To know I'm still alive and I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk alone

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone

I walk alone


I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
And I'm the only one and I walk a...

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone...
In this world I walk alone
With no place to call my home
But theres one who holds my hand
The rugged road through barren lands
The way is dark the road is steep
But He's become my eyes to see
The strength to climb my griefs to bear
The Savior lives inside me there

In You're love I find release
A haven from my unbelief
Take my life and let me be
A living prayer my God to Thee

(Take my life and let me be
a living prayer my God to Thee)

In these trials of life I find
Another voice inside my mind
He comforts me and bids me live
Inside the love the Father gives

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home