December 11, 2005

I've Opted for Galatians

I’m about to start to bring together a new study on Galatians. This study is higher level in the sense that it would be a bit like a commentary, a class of sorts on the letter --- however I sill want the study to be relevant to the target group’s lives, the target being college age or 20 somethings.

I’ve debating creating my own interlinear or reverse interlinear of the letter on my site. Getting the Greek text (alrady have it) and the English translation isn’t all that hard --- however if I use (for example) the ESV I would need to do web service calls for each verse which might be kind of hard to do. I’ve begun to experiment but I’m not sure I will be able to do it without having the ESV text stored in my database which I’m pretty sure isn’t allowed.

I’m also not sure if I want to go for a normal interlinear or reverse. I’m thinking the reverse might be best for this study since it will keep the English text the same, but exposes the underlying Greek words.

It might look something like this, Galatians 1:10

4 Comments:

At December 11, 2005 12:27 PM, Blogger R. Mansfield said...

Too bad this isn't available for you yet: http://www.gnpcb.org/product/158134628X

You could have everyone in your class get a copy.

 
At December 11, 2005 1:39 PM, Blogger Justin Jenkins said...

I know! Hasn't that been delayed like a year so far? It would be perfect.

 
At December 12, 2005 9:28 AM, Blogger Brandon Wason said...

You can get permission to put the ESV on your site (having it stored in a database as opposed to having to use their webservice) for $100 a year, if you were set on doing it that way.

 
At December 12, 2005 3:24 PM, Blogger Justin Jenkins said...

Well for 100$ a year that's not all that bad --- especially if I made it public. Of course, it would be a lot of work to get it right, and therefore only Galatians!

I *could* open it up to others (for the rest of the NT --- but I'm not sure if the interest to help would be out there.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home