December 15, 2005

A Page From Galatians, 397 Years Ago

I own a number of different “bible leaves” from 1500s through the 1700s. I have them framed, or just saved up for later use, mainly as decoration.

As I am digging into my study on Galatians I thought I’d take a look at one of the leaves I have from that book, specifically Galatians 2 & 3. This particular leaf is from the “Geneva Bible” and was printed in 1608. This was before the KJV of course, and was a first of a kind “study” bible of sorts.

I’ve scanned all my leaves and thought I’d share a portion of this one, however it’s in gothic type face so it’s a bit hard to read (others are in more readable roman type.) The study notes are quite interesting however; the detail is of the start of Chapter 2.

Enjoy!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home